It’s been a busy 2013 here at ESB ecars with lots more home, on-street and fast charge points installed. We have also had plenty of events and promotional activities during the year including a enjoyable ecar owners gathering and the final event of the Great Electric Drive. Here are just some of the highlights from the year:
• ESB ecars sponsored the National Electric Vehicles Summit which was held at Croke Park, Dublin.
• Dublin’s e-taxi Clocks Up 55,000km and €6,500 savings in 18 Months on the Road
• ESB ecars supports the Jack and Jill Big Egg Hunt 2013
• Electric car ambassadors count savings of €5,800 in first six months by driving electric
• Electric Cars used Dublin EU Environment Ministers Summit
• Wheels Couriers go Electric by trialling an Electric Van in Dublin.
• Herbert Park Hotel goes electric with new ecar charge points
• Ecars offer test drives at Digital Dublin Day at the Mansion House
• ESB showcased the ecar project at the 9th Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) European Congress in Dublin.
• ESB ecar Ambassadors appear in national TV campaign.
• Europe’s first cross-border fast charger network, linking major intercity routes in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, was launched at Dublin Port.
• Fast charge-points at Applegreen Enfield, Lusk and Castlebellingham were installed by ESB ecars in conjunction with Nissan Europe and Applegreen
• Ruben Stern from Holland travelled around Ireland in his electric converted Citroen 2CV covering 2700 Km in Ireland.
• The results of ESB’s Great Electric Drive sees the ecar Ambassadors Cover 105,000km and Pocket Fuel Savings of €13,500 while saving over 10 tonnes of CO2 in the process.
• ESB exhibited at the EU Trans-European Transport Network Programme (TEN-T) in Tallinn, Estonia
• Successful ecar owners gathering is held at Castleknock Hotel and Country Club in Dublin
It’s been a great year, lets hope that 2014 will be just as good.
Happy Christmas to everyone and please drive carefully over the holiday period!
Why not have a look at our Christmas card here.